Space Filler

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Research proposal mania... ha ha... & other stuff about AIDS

Well... I just started looking for proteins in HIV that have conserved sequences. he he. Just now. I'm really inspired by the "Wonder Drug" created by my friend through AutoDock (a molecular docking program) which inhibits the activity of HIV-2 reverse transcriptase. Yup. A potential component of the under-construction cure for the dreaded disease which most of us are very afraid of. I really want to do Molecular Docking research in my thesis because: 1. I'm really flabbergasted at the very large number of heterocyclic molecules stored in heterocycles.jp's database, & I want to make some use of some of the compounds there (many of which has no name) 2. I want to do an AIDS-related research, &, 3. I'm having a difficulty when it comes to finances. & look what I've seen... a Tat protein (TAT = Transactivating regulatory). The protein in the virus that causes it to reproduce. I don't know if I would be taking a lonely path or what, but God knows, maybe there's really an inhibitor that's not toxic. I have seen (maybe) potential analogs in the Heterocycles website, & God willing, I can propose a new inhibitor replacing the old RO 24-7429. Prayers for me, because I really need a Molecular Docking topic for my thesis & I really want to graduate next semester. I'm really clueless for a back-up topic, but I really want it to be an inhibitor proposal for another HIV protein. Well, that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home